Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pretty, Spunky Girl’s Room

{This post was on my old blog a couple of years ago so I thought I’d bring it back. My daughter is now outgrowing her twin bed so we’re in the process of tweaking her room a bit with a larger bed and a smidge of zebra thrown in for good measure. I’ll let you know the results coming up!!}


When we first began to work on my daughter’s room, I went to the paint store with a color in mind for the walls: Pepto-Bismol Pink! I completely let the “paint lady” talk me out of it! I ended up with a pastel pink……that is NOT my daughter’s personality! Every time I walked into her room, I kept thinking it didn’t look right.


What do you do when you don’t like something? Just cover it up, right? LOL


SO, we bought one of those really cool loft beds at Pier 1 Kids and they were fun BUT, she outgrew them very quickly (we have very tall kids and the ceiling got in the way!)


Alexandra's Loft Bed 2



Before


Don’t ever let anyone talk you out (or into) something you don’t want to do! You have great ideas!!! Go with it!!


So, here is the AFTER…


Ally Jayne's Room


A cool, spunky girl needs a spunky chandelier, right?


I looked everywhere but the ones I found were too plain. Until this one….


I found this chandelier at a little shop in Fredericksburg, Texas. I saw it and knew it was THE ONE! It was made to plug into a wall outlet, but my Father-in-Law cut the wires and hardwired it just like a ceiling fan. That was $100 well spent because it really completes the room.


Ally Jayne's Window Seat Bright We took off the closet doors and hung curtains. It really gave her more room. Don’t you just love her “self-portrait”? She painted that in 1st Grade. LOVE it!!



Mirror in AJ's Room 3


Every little girl needs a mirror to primp!


I bought 2 full-length mirrors at Wal-mart and used super strength tape to attach them to the wall. My daughter helped me paint the border. She’s quite the crafty little girl!




The perfect room for my pretty, spunky little girl!


Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.