Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 4th Festivities (on the 3rd!!)

I just LOVE living in a small town!!  We have the privilege of living in a quaint, small community. I lovingly call it “Mayberry” (am I giving away my age??)

We weren’t sure if we would even be able to leave our house today. For the past couple of days, we have felt like we needed to build an ark like Noah. There has been SO much rain! I’m thankful the rain stopped and one of our favorite July 4th traditions went off without a hitch this morning.AJ & Zach

We attended the July 4th Parade through our town!! We wore our patriotic colors proudly!!

 

We’re SO thankful to live in the USA!!

 

 

Honor Guard

These are our special friends, the Crowders. The parade is a family tradition each and every year!!

Gorgeous Kiddos

There were ALL kinds of floats today. Some were filled with wonderful veterans from all branches of the Armed Forces who served in years and wars past…..Veterans float

 

Thank you for your service!!!

 

 

Marines

…And some are still serving….

Thank you for your sacrifice!!

I had chills just watching them.

 

Burmaster

 

Our friend Phil Burmaster drove his “baby” in the parade this year.

I just LOVE that old horn!!

 

Highlander Car

 

And our cute mascot car from our high school made an appearance. We’re the Highlanders and the car is a little Scotsman!! Just plain C-UTE!!!

 

 Patriot SoldiersSeeing these Patriot Soldiers reminded me of the brave men and women who fought in the early years to build this country into an amazing place to live.

I’m grateful for my dad, my father-in-law, and my brother-in-law for their brave service. I’m so proud of them!

And seeing the current soldiers reminds me of the brave men and women who are still fighting today. Armed Forces

 

 

 

 

THANK YOU for your service!! Because of you, my family and I have the freedom to celebrate our independence,  to worship, and to pursue our dreams!! We are blessed.

I can’t wait to hear about your celebrations!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.