Monday, May 31, 2010

May IS the New December!

Do you feel like that? Oh my goodness, our lives are busy! Not only do we have the normal activities of life, such as lessons, sports, & church, but we have Pajama Day, Sports Day, Field Day, Park Day! Ugh!! And those are just for school! Not counting a pool party with friends, end-of-year piano social, …..I could go on and on.

I don’t remember things being this busy when I was in school. Maybe I was, but my mom has blocked it out (kind of like childbirth! ha!) And of course, I feel like I need to volunteer at all of them because of “Mommy guilt”. Am I the only one??

Now let’s talk money! At the beginning of the school year, I was buying yearbooks (for elementary school, REALLY?), band instruments, uniforms, and on and on. Well, now I’m donating money for teachers’ gifts, supplies for all of the end-of-year activities, paying for summer camps, plus buying school supplies for NEXT YEAR! There goes that budget.

I really struggle with how busy things have become. I want my kids to enjoy their childhood and have fun with friends, but if I let it, there could be something every single day! My kiddos’ last day of school is this

week and I’m really looking forward to being on our own schedule. If we want to sleep in and stay in our PJs ‘til noon, then we can! If we want to go swimming, then perfect! They have a few camps and VBS at church this summer, but for the most part, we’re going to relax!

I’d love to hear from you about ways you handle all of the busyness this time of year. Do you struggle with “mommy guilt” too and feel like you need to volunteer for everything? For some strange reason, that “Just Say No” slogan a few years ago is very appropriate for us now, don’t ‘cha think?

Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.