Thursday, February 3, 2011

Affordable Dinner Idea {Thrifty Thursday}

Thrifty Thursday Button with border thick

If you’re like me, you’re always looking for a delicious, yet affordable, dinner idea for your family. Given the fact that we are expected to be “snowed in” here in Texas tomorrow, I thought I’d share one of our favorite one-dish-dinners that’s easy on the pocketbook.

Bowtie Pasta with Roasted Veggies & Chicken

2 Yellow Squash

2 Zucchini Squash

1 Sweet onion

2 Red Bell Pepper

Shredded Carrots

Bowtie Pasta, cooked

2 Chicken Breasts, cooked with Italian seasoning and chopped (can use rotisserie chicken)

Parmesan cheese

Thinly slice all vegetables and place on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt & pepper, and Italian seasonings. Place in 400 degree oven for approximately 20-30 minutes or until roasted. Set aside.

Combine cooked pasta, chopped chicken, and roasted veggies in a large bowl. Stir with parmesan cheese to desired consistency.

You can cook the chicken and veggies beforehand and just toss together with the cooked pasta and parmesan just before serving. This recipe makes a lot so you can have leftovers!

My family begs for this recipe often. I hope yours does too! Let me know what you think. Stay warm, everyone!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.