Monday, February 21, 2011

Easy Orange Chicken


My children absolutely LOVE Orange Chicken from Panda Express. I have been on a quest to find an easy recipe that tastes the same. Do you KNOW how many Orange Chicken recipes are out there?? I've tried many of them, much to my family's chagrin.

I saw this recipe in the HomeLife Magazine available at my church this past week. It looked so yummy! I did make some modifications to it to suit our family's taste. I hope you like it!

Ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 6-8 pieces

2 tbsp. mayonnaise

1 cup bread crumbs

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

2 tbsp. soy sauce

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/2 cup orange juice, divided

2 tbsp. water

1 tbsp. cornstarch

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick coating. In a medium bowl, mix chicken pieces with mayonnaise and 1/4 cup orange juice. In a flat dish, stir together bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Dip coated chicken pieces in bread crumbs and place on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. While chicken is baking, make the orange sauce. In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and 1/4 cup orange juice. Bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch and then whisk into simmering liquid. Whisk and simmer 1 minute, until thickened. Serve baked chicken pieces with orange sauce either as a dip or drizzled over chicken.

This dish was a huge hit with my family! It's so super quick and easy. Serve with your favorite sidedish and fresh green veggie and you're good to go! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like it will be a huge hit in our household, too. Thanks -- especially for doing all the "pre-testing" on your family. ;-}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please let me hear from you.